Anyone who wishes to be involved in St. Cajetan School, Religious Education Program (REP) or other parish activity involving children - to serve as a volunteer, coach, catechist, chaperone, room parent, etc. - must meet the volunteer requirements established by the Archdiocese of Chicago.
All volunteers must complete an online criminal background check before beginning volunteer service involving children. In addition, volunteers are asked to read the Archdiocesan Code of Conduct and sign the acknowledgement page and complete the Cants Form. These two forms should be returned to the school office (for school volunteers) or Parish Center (for parish volunteers).
The links for each of these items can be found below.
In addition, all volunteers are expected to attend a Virtus Training session within 3 months of beginning volunteer service. Dates and locations for these training sessions can be found by clicking the link below. You will need to register for the training session prior to attending.
Finally, for those identified as Mandated Reporters training can now be done online. Mandated Reporters are persons required by law to report suspected child abuse - including school personnel, medical personnel, child care personnel and members of the clergy. In keeping with Archdiocesan policies, coaches, youth ministers, religious education personnel and religious education volunteers are also to participate in this training.
Persons planning to take the online training need to be prepared for the following:
- To spend at least 60 minutes to complete the training (you cannot exit and return).
- The computer used for the training must be connected to a printer that will print the certificate at the completion of the training (you cannot exit and return).
- Only computer-generated certificates will be accepted.
- The computer used for the training must be equipped with speakers or headsets to allow you to hear the audio
- Employees must have their employee ID number, which can be found on a paycheck stub.
Thank you for your willingness to serve your school and parish and for helping to keep our children safe.